Individuals may have last-minute urgent issues that can put their wellness, smile, and comfort in jeopardy. In the case that an oral emergency harms you or someone in your household, it is fundamental to find out the ways to ideally address the problem and where to receive the care you require. At West Bridgewater Dental, our staff of professionals have provided urgent oral treatment to a number of individuals over the years and possess the knowledge needed for when something unaccounted for occurs.
If you have a dental emergency, receiving help and accessing the high-quality treatment you need is mandatory for your current oral and overall health. Our knowledgeable dentists in West Bridgewater, MA realize how worrying an urgent issue, oral pain, or injuries can be. We are thrilled to offer the following information about the safest approaches to maintain your smile when an accident happens.
STANDARD PROBLEMS THAT MIGHT HARM YOUR DENTAL HEALTH
Specific dental concerns might pose small nuisances, such as tooth yellowing or tartar accumulation, while other circumstances can put your total wellness in jeopardy. Some of these issues are:
- Avulsed or loose teeth
- Tooth pain or a toothache
- Broken teeth
- Dental injury
- Abscessed teeth
- Lost restoration or filling
- Broken or loose appliances
- Questionable bleeding
ACCIDENTS THAT CALL FOR IMMEDIATE ORAL TREATMENT
Oral emergencies may be caused by everyday acts (like chewing crunchy foods), physical impacts while playing sports, or from accidents. Serious dental wellness needs that develop because of these situations can interrupt your well-being and comfort. However, entrusting an experienced emergency dental professional who works to meet your dental needs can make the difference in regard to your recuperation and long-lasting dental health. Some of the serious situations that need immediate care include:
- Dislodged or extruded teeth: Knocked-out or loose teeth present a serious circumstance for which time is important. Only a short period exists (usually 30 minutes) for our knowledgeable dental practitioners to reintroduce the tooth back into the socket and encourage a successful placement outcome. In the event that this develops, we urge you to contact our West Bridgewater, MA office right away so that our staff may provide you with the ideal ways to care for the tooth until you show up.
- Dental damage because of physical activities: If you endure an oral or maxillofacial injury, it is generally recommended that you go to an urgent care office or meet with a medical doctor first to ensure that your general health is not in jeopardy. After this is evaluated, our staff at West Bridgewater Dental will treat your problem. These often consist of cracked teeth or appliances and deterioration to the gumline or jawbone.
- Toothaches: A common concern that mandates immediate treatment among West Bridgewater, MA patients is a toothache. This oral concern could result from multiple causes, like severe cavities, an inflamed tooth, unprotected roots due to gum recession, and even a misaligned bite, as well as a range of other problems. Dental pain may be anywhere from slight to extreme and must never be neglected.
SAFEGUARD YOUR SMILE WHEN YOU GET URGENT ORAL TREATMENT
If an emergency oral issue harms the health of your smile, we ask that you seek assistance promptly. Along with these common issues, minor pain may bring severe issues with your mouth if necessary attention from an emergency care dental professional is not received. To get effective treatment and alleviate discomfort in the event that you have an oral emergency, schedule an appointment at West Bridgewater Dental. Our West Bridgewater, MA team can assist you over the phone about how to monitor cracked teeth, avulsed fillings, or different oral concerns before you arrive at our office.